Looks like it wasn't adjusted to run on the latest version of Half-Life engine available today. Bah, not even SteamPipe existed when the mod came out.
1. It doesn't create a shortcut to run the game anywhere. I assume that's because you used to be able to select a mod from the main menu yourself, but they removed it. So you need to create a shortcut to (steam directory/steamapps/common/Half-Life/) and add the parameters: -steam -game decay
2. Mouse is screwed up. Despite m_rawinput set to 1, mouse acceleration is EXTREMELY noticable. In fact, that mouse acceleration is so bad, I'd rather play the original game on a PS2 emulator, with pads.
For November, submit your screenshots with the theme of SINISTER.
Full details can be found here: Your Screenshots: SINISTER . Active SRR Giveaways On 29 th November, one lucky reviewer will receive a copy of The Flame in the Flood , courtesy of RTSL reader Jan-Philipp, by writing a review of TeleportVille . The review MUST use a recommendation image and be of sufficient length. It will be a random draw.
To learn more about the Special Releases Review Giveaways and other giveaways, please visit the Game Giveaways page.
The Final Iteration of The Battle Grounds
The final release of The Battle Grounds modification for Half-Life 1
- Tweaked gameplay to perfection
- Updated every old map and player model
- Added particle engine
- Added a good bunch of maps
- New cannon firing physics
- Hud Additions
- All weapon models redone
- Fixed numerous crash issues and bug fixes
Primary Mirror: Battle Grounds 1 Windows (France)