The recommendations in this guidance represent the view of NICE, arrived at after careful consideration of the evidence available. When exercising their judgement, health professionals are expected to take this guidance fully into account, alongside the individual needs, preferences and values of their patients. The application of the recommendations in this guidance is at the discretion of health professionals and their individual patients and do not override the responsibility of healthcare professionals to make decisions appropriate to the circumstances of the individual patient, in consultation with the patient and/or their carer or guardian.
The investigators conducted a clinical examination comprising general examination and specific examination of the musculoskeletal system at inclusion, on day 0 and at the end of treatment (day 5). These examinations included feed intake, general behaviour, posture, lameness and pain on manipulation assessments and rectal temperature measurement. In addition, at the end of the treatment, the investigator evaluated the overall efficacy and palatability of the treatment. Diseases of the limbs, especially soft tissue injuries (contusions) and joint disorders (sprains and luxations) of less than 2 weeks duration were the most frequently diagnosed.
Hi Norman, You might be interested in the following:
1) Turmeric extract – See more information and studies in my article “ Turmeric Extract is Effective as Ibuprofen for Knee Osteoarthritis “.
2) Gelatin – see more information and research in my article “ Gelatin and Osteoarthritis of the Knees “.
3) Sesame seeds – more information in my article “ How To Use Sesame Seeds For Knee Osteoarthritis “.
4) Tart cherries – see “ How to Fight Joint Pain and Inflammation With Tart Cherries “.
5) Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie for Joint Pain .
6) For pain relief – massaging the area with these 20 essential oils to relieve pain and inflammation , and/or consuming this anti-inflammatory and pain relieving turmeric ginger tea .
7) See more possible natural treatments HERE , and HERE .